Which is really freakin' annoying.
One of the things that got me so fed up with ff.net, back in the day, was the way that it would meddle with user content in really annoying little ways, like stripping out anything it doesn't consider text from stories and reviews (which includes everything from common symbols like "%", to letters that repeat more often than it thinks they should, so that "eeeee!" becomes "e!" and so forth). Dear LJ: plz to not be going down that road, thanks.
Anyway, there's a simple way to fix the problem (for oneself, anyway). I just did it, and then tested it, and it works great, on your own journal or any that you browse when you're logged in:
1. Open the Admin Console at http://www.livejournal.com/admin/console/
2. Execute the following command: set opt_exclude_stats 1
What's really puzzling to me, though, is that it's not doing it to all URLs or even to most URLs, and I'm not really sure what the difference is. I had noticed the occasional outbound referrer pop-ups, and had also noticed that I seemed to be getting an unusual number of weird redirects to Google, which now suddenly make sense. But it's definitely not every outbound link from LJ. So, um. I don't know what gives with that.
Anyway, I'm reposting this as a PSA, for those who'd like to reset their options as I just did, or at least to be aware of it.